commissioners trail

Have questions on using a GPS?, maybe you have some thoughts on which ones work on a sled and those that won't hold up?... Let us know

Moderator: john

wesj

commissioners trail

#1 Post by wesj »

don't see any information on that trail anyone been down it?

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: commissioners trail

#2 Post by john »

Tim aka MIT has the most knowledge that I'm aware of on the Commissioner Trail.

We've been talking about taking it from Nenana to the Beaver Point Lodge (BVP on map).

Look at the map(s) for Fairbanks to Beaver Point Lake, it has part of the Commissioner Trail on it that is download capable to your GPS.

Tim did mention that there are some downed trees on the trail, so if you go, take a chain saw with you.

The PDF map also has some good info to have on hand if you run it.

Let us know :)

wesj

#3 Post by wesj »

wold like to go down it to Geskakmina Lake and look at some property but if one has to cut it out prolly best to run the tanana river to the kantishna ... who knows really do not wish to do it alone but prolly will end up that way

wesj

#4 Post by wesj »

kinda sounds like I need to possibly wait till I have the 136 and 1.5 inch lugs track installed in the sled .... that 121 with 1inch kinda sucks a bit in powder

mit

#5 Post by mit »

I think folks usally get to Geskakmina from Manley. The comish trail is probalby good to the Kantishna. But I have NOT been out it this year.
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

wesj

#6 Post by wesj »

was thinking about that but the Comis trail seems to end at the river and would have to go the same basic route from Manley unless I am missing another trail.

Darrell

#7 Post by Darrell »

I knew a guy that went to Geskamina by way of the nenana totchaket trail see page 114 of the Gazetteer acsoss the Kan river and through the woods. Be sure to post it if you find another way..
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

wesj

#8 Post by wesj »

I have looked at that but takes one way south of it ... I guess it would be about the same as the one takes ya north the other south .... figured the northern route might be shorter

Darrell

#9 Post by Darrell »

where the nenana tot trail dumps on the river i remember them talking about a trail on a slough on the west side and then thru the woods to the lake. If you take the comm trail i guess you will the river south to take off thru the woods any way.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

wesj

#10 Post by wesj »

would be nice to find someone that has done it and what it is like ... guess nothing but do it yourself kind athing huh hahahah