Bridges

Issues and concerns on land use and trail issues. Look here for recent articles related to these two concerns

Moderator: john

Darrell

Bridges

#1 Post by Darrell »

On my travel's around the area past Nordale I noted one of the first bridges the club put up over Potlatch creek close to the Flood project has fallen in wonder if the club should fix it, clear it from the creek?

Second was looking around the Iowa slough bridge and looked like some of the bank was washing out, so anyone that worked on this give a look at the Pic, what to do ya think?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bridges

#2 Post by john »

Some pictures of the bridges referenced by Darrell.

This is the Iowa Slough Bridge
002-1.jpg
006-1.jpg
007-1.jpg

These are of the Potlatch bridge. On Saturday past we bypassed this. The bypass worked but it was pretty narrow. So we should either remove the old bridge and widen the bypass or repair the bridge.
015-1.jpg
016-1.jpg
017-1.jpg
020-1.jpg
024-1.jpg
If folks are willing to help, I'll apply for a permit from the COE to access the bridge via the Floodway. We'll have to get special permit to cross the *beep* and use ATV's to haul materials and tools in as ATV's are not permitted in the Chena lakes Floodway area during the summer.

dragonman

#3 Post by dragonman »

I'm willing to help
Where do you access to get there and how far in from the start is the bridge
2015 Polaris Voyager 550 155" track
2014 Polaris 850 XP Touring eps ATV 28: Zilla tires
2014 Polaris RZR 570 26" Swamp Lites
2012 Polaris Pro RMK 800 163"
2012 Polaris 850 XP eps ATV 31" outlaw tires 2" lift

Stephen E. Enochs
Board Member
Board Member

#4 Post by Stephen E. Enochs »

I too would help just say when and what time and what we need to bring

Summit800

#5 Post by Summit800 »

Im in! as long as it isnt fishing time

Darrell

#6 Post by Darrell »

Did a bridge check, by wheeler today, sorry to report another one missing. Called the Iowa slough bridge ( really on smallwood creek) above in post, one without handle rails (two logs).

:4x4:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

dragonman

#7 Post by dragonman »

John And I had the core set aside beams last spring and I paid a little for 30ft X8 Ft X 3" thick if rough cut planking for the
Potlatach bridge John can fill you in on this. We had it all laid out but the weather didn't cooperate with us
I finally hauled to my cabin if some body wants to get it just let me know we can discuss at next meeting ill try to make it
I don't know how long ill be there. I'll do what I can round up supplies I Have a lot of tools to use if needed. but being out in the cold is not a option right now with my chemo treatments
Peter :couch:
2015 Polaris Voyager 550 155" track
2014 Polaris 850 XP Touring eps ATV 28: Zilla tires
2014 Polaris RZR 570 26" Swamp Lites
2012 Polaris Pro RMK 800 163"
2012 Polaris 850 XP eps ATV 31" outlaw tires 2" lift

alaskasc

#8 Post by alaskasc »

I don't see a time frame for the repairs. Are you doing it in the winter or summer. Give an approximate date. I don't foresee me not being able to help.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

john
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Post by john »

Well, Peter and I asked for help, got a few volunteers, then the weather conditions were not condusive and now with Peter's health issues it's on hold.

If I can get a few folks to offer to help I'll go back to COE and see about the timbers. We could get the material Peter has stock piled and do a material and tool list and give it a go.

We will need a rig to drag the 30 foot 12 to 16 diameter logs (stringers) to the bridge site. Original plan was to use Peter truck with lockers to do it and winch them across the creek.