4th of july atv trip

This is the place to post events and activities that are not FST specific. So if you or your organization are aware of, or having an event that is snow related, please post it here for all to see. Non registered visitors may post to this forum.

Moderator: john

Stephen E. Enochs
Board Member
Board Member

4th of july atv trip

#1 Post by Stephen E. Enochs »

Looking to go to either Tangle lakes or Valdez Creek for the weekend...lots of options Looking for suggestions and head count for interest

alaskasc

Re: 4th of july atv trip

#2 Post by alaskasc »

:4x4: I plan on going. I’m off Thursday and Friday. I’m game for either location. I’ve never camped at tangle lakes before, so I’m not familiar with the trails there. :4x4:
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

alaskasc

#3 Post by alaskasc »

Macleran river lodge has a BBQ on July 4th at 6 pm. Just an FYI.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

cleary

#4 Post by cleary »

We went up Valdez Creek last summer. A lot of mining activity there. None of it was blocked and we did go all the way to Roosevelt Lake.

We also went up Windy Creek. It is the next creek east of Valdez Creek. It starts in a gravel pit where you can camp about a mile east of the Susitna River Bridge. You can ride up it about 17 miles to an old Copper Mine that is in a saddle between Windy Creek and Clearwater Creek. If you want to venture further you can continue on a single lane cat track cut out of the mountain side that goes down toward the Clearwater. It was starting to get washed out in places when we went down there last summer. This is a great ride. We didn't encounter anyone else on this ride, had it to ourselves.

Also, along the Denali Highway the Glacier Gap Trail is now a loop that runs along Sevenmile Lake and connects to the Maclaren Summit Trail.

Chuck