Saturday Ride

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Saturday Ride

#1 Post by john »

Change of plans for me so I'm thinking of going to Chatanika Lodge for breakfast and then ride out of the lodge into the Whites.

Maybe Chuck would be willing to show us that Chatanika - Moose Creek Cabin Loop ?

If not, I'd like to head toward the Moose Creek Cabin and maybe check out the White Mtn trails from there, haven't done that in a few years.

Breakfast at the lodge at 10:00.

2manydogs

Re: Saturday Ride

#2 Post by 2manydogs »

This sounds like a great idea! I was planning on tracking up some of this snow somewhere, somehow, might as well have a good breakfast before I do! Plowing duties done, time to play in it,not work in it!
Dave

cleary

#3 Post by cleary »

john wrote: Maybe Chuck would be willing to show us that Chatanika - Moose Creek Cabin Loop ?
I would love to but we have friends arriving tomorrow and I am going to be tied up with them for a while. We have a mountain of new snow up here, should be great riding. If you have any questions about the loop let me know.

Chuck

billy6384

#4 Post by billy6384 »

Sounds great! I was hoping to get out to the Whites again. Melissa will have a new sled this time around since the Firecat gave us a tough run of luck! We will meet up with you for breakfast at Chatinika.
Nick
2018 XF High Country 800 141"
2010 Crossfire 800 141"/Melissa's sled

john
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by john »

Thanks Chuck,

I'll download and put the GPS info you send on my unit. But it looks like we just head out the Orange Trail, just not sure where we turn off to get into the Whites, at Four Corners if I remember ?

Was it icy on the Hill ?

Nick,

What did Melissa get for a new sled ? I think I'm going to ride the M6 this trip.

billy6384

#6 Post by billy6384 »

We got another Crossfire 800 like mine, was going to get her another 600 but couldnt find any we wanted and got a really good deal on this one. 2010 but new out of the box

rocketdoc637

#7 Post by rocketdoc637 »

I can't go Sat. but if for some reason you change to Sunday let me know

john
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by john »

Alright Melissa, now you'll have to keep up with her <BG>

RockerDoc, bummer :<( I have to work Sunday, so for me it's Sat or nothing.

billy6384

#9 Post by billy6384 »

Yeah Im not a huge fan of matching sleds, but is was too good of deal to pass up. Maybe I'll have to take all the stickers off mine and do a graphics kit with some more black.
But Im sure you M6 will be great with all the new snow out there. Im pretty pumped to see how much more snow is out there in the hills! :banana:

usafracer

#10 Post by usafracer »

Dont look at it as matching sleds...Look at it as you have a parts sled.

billy6384

#11 Post by billy6384 »

True statement

john
Administrator
Administrator

#12 Post by john »

Email from Chuck suggest a wide track to break the trail open :supperhappy:

So I'll probable bring the Bearcat and maybe, just maybe, let the G-son ride the M.... Hummmmmmmm

cleary

#13 Post by cleary »

This picture was taken by Malcolm Pearson one of the groomer operators up here at Skiland. This is one pass with the Bombardier packer. Malcolm says we have 18 inches. It should be just like this in Whites, have great ride tomorrow and carry your shovels.

Wish I could go with you,

Chuck

john
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Post by john »

So how was the rest of the ride ?

2manydogs

#15 Post by 2manydogs »

The rest off the ride was good, we had more mechanical carnage as our leader, trail breaker, Brent? the Jag, sorry don't have everybody's name, had bent steering linkage and ski which put him out of commission on Haystack road. Phones came in handy there. Now down to 5. Managed our way to the top of Haystack and dozer line, trail snowed in, blown over etc.. The Tundra and the Freestyle led and broke trail off Haystack which is where we all had trouble, steep down and side hilling in the deep stuff, this is where we became committed to making a loop as we weren't going back up! Made our way to the White trails and eveventually to Wickersham parking area, picked up the pipeline back to Olnes and then the lodge. I think most of us had 60 to 70 miles down with that loop. Thanks John for remembering my gas can, got it! This was a good VERY adventurous ride. I'm riding the couch today!
Dave