Farewell (Sort of)

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

Nick S

Farewell (Sort of)

#1 Post by Nick S »

As I eluded to some of you early last spring, I have applied for and accepted an aviation forecaster position at the Aviation Weather Unit in Anchorage. I leave for there on Tuesday with my snowmachines in tow, including my new Bearcat 2000 widetrack. Yes, I bought a new sled; the mogully ride in the Whites last year finally did me in, not to mention the running low/out of gas problems(s)(s)(s)(s) with the rebuilt Cougar. Let me say it's been a joy riding with each and every one of you over the past 3 seasons, it was a great experience to tour all of what Interior Alaska has to offer. I'll remain active on this board, mostly as a spectator watching the state of Alaska through my computer window with all of the ride reports. I'll try to come up to catch a ride or two this winter depending on weather and my work schedule. Once again, thanks for the great times!!! :sledwave:
2015 Bearcat 2000XT
1989 Arctic Cat Cougar 500
1979 Yamaha Enticer 300

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Farewell (Sort of)

#2 Post by john »

Glad you got the job, sorry you're leaving us. Of course now that you got a decent trail machine you head to the big city to ride :<)

Enjoyed your time with us on the trail, but now who do I get to "B" to on the weather reports. :)

Hope you do make it up here sometime this winter.

Get with Steve M on some Peterville ride.

alaskasc

#3 Post by alaskasc »

Safe travels Nick and enjoy the new job.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

mit

#4 Post by mit »

Sorry you are leaving Alaska, :big_grin: but you won't be far away!
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

Badgersam

#5 Post by Badgersam »

Where are you going to be living Nick? Call me if you still have my number, we can do some rides this winter. Maybe make a trip up north for a few rides.

Steve

Nick S

#6 Post by Nick S »

Badgersam wrote:Where are you going to be living Nick? Call me if you still have my number, we can do some rides this winter. Maybe make a trip up north for a few rides.

Steve
Sent you a pm Steve.
2015 Bearcat 2000XT
1989 Arctic Cat Cougar 500
1979 Yamaha Enticer 300