Help Needed!

Technical discussion related to engine performance, clutching, setup, and other snowmachine modifications.

Moderator: john

Bashley

Help Needed!

#1 Post by Bashley »

I've got a downed M8 in Cantwell about 2 trail miles behind the Igloo, (3/4 mi. straight line from the highway). I'm going to head down either this weekend or Tues. the 20th to recover it. I'm going to have a few people, a rope-a-long w/ 200' of rope, and a Siglin sled. What I need is someone with a machine made for towing that would be willing to rent their machine or come with. If it comes down to it I can come up with something to make another mountain sled tow it, I just don't want to risk damaging someone elses machine buy doing something it wasn't meant to do. I'll take care of all the driving, hauling, and expenses if someone wants a day of adventure (ha ha).

Thanks,
Brian
'06 Yamaha Attak
'09 M8 HCR

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Help Needed!

#2 Post by john »

Brian,

I can't go Saturday, besides the ride I was planning, I have Saturday evening commitments. I do have a Tow-Buddy that works with any sled to haul out another sled that your welcome to borrow. I've used it once and it works like a charm.

I might be able to go Sunday if were doing a one day trip there and back and I could bring along the BearCat, have to check the wife's social calendar :)

Call me at work 459-1153

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

Brian, call me so we can work out details for Sunday to get your sled out.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by john »

Sled has been rescued.. :supperhappy:

The ride Saturday in the White's was good, the snow in Cantwell is excellent, A-S Deep and soft.

We had lots of wind on the way in and while we were getting the sled out, but of course as soon as we got back to the rigs the sky was blue and the wind had stopped.

Some pictures in album

Now the Parks back to town was a different story, icy and slick, so be careful if you head that way.

Darrell

#5 Post by Darrell »

WOW I'm glad it was there for you to get. You can't let a sled sit around here and think will be there when you go back for it. :shockedeye:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Bashley

#6 Post by Bashley »

I couldn't have been luckier with this whole situation. Sled was there in one piece, it started up and drove out of the hills, and great guys to help me out.
Thanks again John and Dean!
'06 Yamaha Attak
'09 M8 HCR