Racing events in our community

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Iron Dog Volunteer Help

#1 Post by john »

Iron Dog set up and race assistance, some areas we need volunteers for:

Race Week HQ -- answering telephones, merchandise sales, Web Site support (We are 24/7 during the week...so we can work volunteers to help meet their schedules).

Race Course Set-Up -- Need Volunteers with Sleds and Snowmobiles to help set up Security Banners and Trail Markers.

Race Day -- Race Course Officials - to man the course for safety during the event. Have a couple crossings that need to be monitored for traffic control.

Race Day -- Pilot Sleds. Need about 8 riders willing to lead the racers from Pikes (or Compeaus) down a preset trail to the Noyes Slough, through the slough at a set pace to where it exits the slough back onto the Chena.

REVITUP

Re: Iron Dog Volunteer Help

#2 Post by REVITUP »

Anyone have any time during this week? I have some Iron Dog magazines that need to be distributed around town, can contact me at work or send me a message here, any help is greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

So who's volunteering to help along Noyes and the finish line.

Don't shy, step right up and be seen.

REVITUP

#4 Post by REVITUP »

I think John meant "DON'T BE SHY" , it's time to show our spirit!!!! Let's get out and support OUR sport....we will be in and out at Pikes friday but there is a sign up sheet or you can show up saturday morning and help with setup, merchandise sales, bring your sled and be a pilot for the racers, help teardown the finish or any of the above. Still could use one person with vehicle to monitor trail thru BLM. We will start saturday organizing volunteers about 8:00 am, meet up at Pikes Hotel upstairs in the HQ. Hope to see you there.

paulneva

#5 Post by paulneva »

I can help until 3 p.m. I would prefer the finish lie to the Slough, but will help where ever you need help. Should I show up on my snowmachine or in my truck? I'll be there at 0800 or soon after.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

john
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by john »

Come up with your sled. Really could use help from Pike's to Slough.

Also, need some help along the Slough, need at least three sleds to keep an eye at the both ends of the Slough and Chena and one around the middle.