February 27-28, Maclaren - Important Update

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

paulneva

February 27-28, Maclaren - Important Update

#1 Post by paulneva »

I am posting this now because our January meeting is the deadline for signing up for the Maclaren ride.

:grtruckn: For those of you who have never been, we start from Paxon Lodge about 0900 on Saturday. It is 47 miles on the Denali Highway from Paxon to the Maclaren River Lodge. Depending on weather and trail conditions, it is usually somewhere between a two and three hour ride. We usually have time for lunch and an afternoon ride at Maclaren. Alan has some groomed trails there and there is usually lots of powder. Supper on Saturday is always great!

On Sunday Susie always gives us a big breakfast. Going back to Paxon, again depending on weather, we have all gone back as a single group or in a number of small groups.

Total cost for The Snow Travelers is $75/person for supper, the night's lodging, and breakfast. It is a good deal and has most often been a great ride.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

cpw2626

Re: February 27-28, Maclaren

#2 Post by cpw2626 »

The wife and I will be cruising the Caribbean during January's meeting, but I am definitely wanting to go on the Maclaren ride in February so please sign me up. Let me know how I can pay, thanks.

Christopher Wyman

paulneva

#3 Post by paulneva »

Christopher,

You can mail a check for $75/person to Fairbanks Snow Travelers, P.O. Box 80053, Fairbanks AK 99708 with a note that says it is for the Maclaren ride.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

Opie

#4 Post by Opie »

Is it too late to sign up for the Maclaren ride? My schedule just changed, allowing me to go.

James Shill

paulneva

#5 Post by paulneva »

James,

It is never actually too late. If we have already closed the ride, you can contact the Maclaren Lodge, make your reservation directly with them and let us know you will be joining us at Paxon.

Jody or Larry,

Have we closed the ride yet?

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

irshpryd40

#6 Post by irshpryd40 »

Paul,
I just called down to the lodge and they told me that I can just add my wife when we arrive.

rocketdoc637

#7 Post by rocketdoc637 »

I would like to sell my spot for the original $75.00 if possible. My daughter won the spelling bee for her school and now has the district B on 27 Feb. James you can have my spot if you like and pay me at some point. Possibly at the next meeting.

Opie

#8 Post by Opie »

I appreciate the offer, but just found out I will need to travel for business that weekend - in Juneau arguing with legislators :feedup: .

James

DrMartiniX

#9 Post by DrMartiniX »

rocketdoc637 wrote:I would like to sell my spot for the original $75.00 if possible. My daughter won the spelling bee for her school and now has the district B on 27 Feb. James you can have my spot if you like and pay me at some point. Possibly at the next meeting.
I would be more than happy to take that spot Rocket. The wife is kind of iffy weather or not she wants to go, but I'm looking to make up for lost time! Just PM me if you want, I understand if you want payment first just let me know.

Zach
Mr. President,
I'LL KEEP MY GUNS, MONEY AND FREEDOM... YOU KEEP THE CHANGE

rocketdoc637

#10 Post by rocketdoc637 »

That works for me. I really want to go but being a Dad is more important.

Charlie

DrMartiniX

#11 Post by DrMartiniX »

I definately respect that thinking! Luckily for me right now, my only son has 4 legs and fur lol. Give me a call anytime after 6:30, I work the late shift this month 205-370-8247.

Zach
Mr. President,
I'LL KEEP MY GUNS, MONEY AND FREEDOM... YOU KEEP THE CHANGE

Didi_G

#12 Post by Didi_G »

My husband & I are BOTH on-call that weekend & need to sell our spots. Anyone interested? Didi & Roger Garrett 374-3428

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: February 27-28, Maclaren - Need Help

#13 Post by john »

Here's who we have listed for the ride, but we need help.

Charley Roberts - 1
Jeremiah Drewel - 1
Myles Thomas - 2
Jim McCormick - 1
McDowd - 1
Missler - 2
Garret - 2
Allen - 1
Tom Siebel - 2
Paul Renschen - 2

Paul Renschen is out do to accident
Dean (Allen) is out do to family issues
Tom Siebel "maybe" be out do to illness in family.
Garret's are out, both working.
Charlie Roberts is out to be Dad :<)

This takes us to 7 or 8 folks going in.

Problem, the ride leaders are all out for one reason or another.

Does anyone else feel like leading the ride ??

REVITUP

#14 Post by REVITUP »

We really need to get an answer on this ASAP and confirmation on how many are going on this ride. I need to let them know at the lodge...........

paulneva

Re: February 27-28, Maclaren - Important Update

#15 Post by paulneva »

No, I am not out. I am actually a party of three - me, my son, and Pat Juday. We are planning on arriving at Paxon on Saturday morning and between the three of us can lead the ride to Maclaren. Sorry to hear that Dean is not going to be there. Sorry to hear about all the other drop outs. Hope to see as many of you as possible at Paxon!

Paul
Paul S. Renschen