Pea Pot Ride Saturday March 17th

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

REVITUP

Pea Pot Ride Saturday March 17th

#1 Post by REVITUP »

Pea Pot Ride!
Chatanika Lodge
$20 Entry fee to go directly to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Alaska programs in Fairbanks
Time: Registration at 11:00 am, ride from Noon-5:00
Date: March 17th
This is a family friendly event with activities for the kids.

If you can lend a hand, please let me know.
:grtruckn: Thank you.

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pea Pot Ride Saturday March 17th

#2 Post by john »

Any more info. Where's the ride to, how long is it ?

REVITUP

#3 Post by REVITUP »

The trail is the Chatanika Loop:
This trail is 37.99 miles.

You start out at Chatanika Lodge, take the Orange to Four Corners (4corner) and keep going straight through to Olnes Pond where you cross the Elliott Hwy (Elliott1), cross the hwy and take the Pipeline Accessroad to the Pipeline (pipeline), turn south (hang a left) and follow the Pipeline to Murphy Dome Road. Take the road to the 2nd crossing of the Elliott (Elliott2) and puts you on the mine trail towards Pedro Dome. Follow the trail to Pedro Dome Road and turn East to the Steese Hwy. Your now at the Steese and Fairbanks Creek road, take Fairbanks Creek Road past Cleary Summit and keep following it to the Historic Fairbanks / Circle Trail. Follow the trail back to Chatanika. 38 miles in all and a nice easy ride.

Summit800

#4 Post by Summit800 »

Great cause, awesome trail, you all know the food at the lodge, Who knows, you may even win a little sumptin. Come on out and help the Big Bros & Big Sisters.

dragonman

#5 Post by dragonman »

Is the trail marked? Sent some donations to bbs today. Can we get breakfast at the lodge - what time are they open?
2015 Polaris Voyager 550 155" track
2014 Polaris 850 XP Touring eps ATV 28: Zilla tires
2014 Polaris RZR 570 26" Swamp Lites
2012 Polaris Pro RMK 800 163"
2012 Polaris 850 XP eps ATV 31" outlaw tires 2" lift

REVITUP

#6 Post by REVITUP »

Will be doing a follow-up meeting at the lodge today. The lodge is usually open at 10 am for breakfast but I will verify that and post here. The trail will be marked before the ride as well as the "Pea Pot stops". Still could use a couple of folks to lend a hand, it would be nice to get the kids 120's out if there is a good place to have them that keeps them somewhat contained. Maybe a few so no one is tied up for too long?!?

cleary

#7 Post by cleary »

I'll be on the trail from Cleary Summit to where it drops down to the ditch today with the groomer. It is very badly drifted from Monkey Rock to where it drops down to the ditch. The Two Rivers Dog Mushers Assn. are having their Chatanika Challange 100 & 200 http://www.trdma.org/tworivers100&200.html on it tomorrow. They'll go from Chatanika to Cleary Summit on the trail and then Alpha C Site Trail and on.

Chuck

REVITUP

#8 Post by REVITUP »

Shirley says the lodge will be open for breakfast beginning at 9 am. This afternoon it was almost 30 degrees there at 1 pm and lots of sunshine! It sounds as if there are some great prizes for the Pea Pot Ride and there will be door prizes plus some other give aways!! Now, we just need a couple more bodies to help out!!!! :wave: And yay for Chuck and the groomer!

cleary

#9 Post by cleary »

I ended up grooming from here to the lodge and then to the Elliot Highway and back to the lodge. A great day out here. Plus 15 up here and a little wind.

Chuck

dragonman

#10 Post by dragonman »

Thank you for the xtra grooming Chuck hopefully the weather will hold somewhat
2015 Polaris Voyager 550 155" track
2014 Polaris 850 XP Touring eps ATV 28: Zilla tires
2014 Polaris RZR 570 26" Swamp Lites
2012 Polaris Pro RMK 800 163"
2012 Polaris 850 XP eps ATV 31" outlaw tires 2" lift

REVITUP

#11 Post by REVITUP »

Still looking for some help for the Pea Pot Ride......700+ people listed on our website, must be a lot of busy people this weekend!

cleary

#12 Post by cleary »

I rode from our place to Pedro Dome today to check out the best route through or around the Cleary Summit Subdivision. The roads in the subdivision are scraped down pretty far. The Pedro Dome Road from Pedro is fine as is the True North Portion and the Old Pedro Dome Road that goes below the subdivision. That's the best route and that keeps you out of the subdivision which is best if possible. I don't know what my GPS did with the first part of the track but I was on the roads all the way. When you cross the Steese just past our mail boxes I've groomed a trail on the right side of the Fairbanks Creek Road up to the trail head just below the Fairbanks Creek Mt. Aurora Lodge. The rest is smooth riding to the lodge.

I've been told its corned beef and cabbage dinner at the Lodge.

Have a great Saint Patrick's Day, :big_grin:

Chuck

2manydogs

#13 Post by 2manydogs »

Count me in, I'll be out there at the lodge for breakfast @ 9:00 ish. Let me know what you need done and will get it done. See you tomorrow! Should be nice, a little chilly but nice!
Dave

REVITUP

#14 Post by REVITUP »

Thanks Dave, it was warmer out there than in town the other day. Hope it's like that tomorrow!!

wesj

#15 Post by wesj »

Anyone riding from fairbanks to the lodge?