Alpine Creek Lodge

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

larry morris

Alpine Creek Lodge

#1 Post by larry morris »

Hello all,
Those going on the ride into Alpine creek, I am planning on staying the night of the 26th at the Backwoods. They have BBQs and I will probably bring something to grill. If you are wanting to party that night let me know who.

We will try and leave the parking area at 10am the 27th.

Just getting this post started so we can communicate

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Alpine Creek Lodge

#2 Post by john »

larry morris wrote:They have BBQs and I will probably bring something to grill. If you are wanting to party that night let me know who.

Hot Dogs, got to clean out the fridge :tounge:

larry morris

#3 Post by larry morris »

SHHHHH! :shh:

Nick S

#4 Post by Nick S »

Just noticed this on the schedule today. Are there even any rooms available at the lodge at this point, or were rooms booked in advance?
2015 Bearcat 2000XT
1989 Arctic Cat Cougar 500
1979 Yamaha Enticer 300

alaskasc

#5 Post by alaskasc »

Rooms were booked way back. Need to call lodge to see if any rooms available. Also, someone going from the snow travelers may only have one in their room. Need to find out who's going and how many in their room.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

Opie

#6 Post by Opie »

Couple of questions for the ride:
1. Having not been to Alpine Creek Lodge, do they provide bedding or is this a bring your sleeping bag type place?
2. Are we hauling any gas, and if so, is someone bringing a cargo sled? Do they have gas for purchase?

Looking forward to it.

Thanks, James

larry morris

#7 Post by larry morris »

If you are in the lodge, all bedding is supplied. They have gas but, you might call and make sure. They have been booked pretty solid and may be low. I will bring some on my sled just in case.

Opie

#8 Post by Opie »

I booked my room early - no problem there.

I am planning to bring my Siglin cargo sled, and can haul some supplies if needed. I plan to bring gas. My youngest son has a caribou permit that expires at the end of the month, so I need to bring the sled anyway.

Thanks, James

larry morris

#9 Post by larry morris »

Claud, the owner could probably point you towards some caribou

Stephen E. Enochs
Board Member
Board Member

#10 Post by Stephen E. Enochs »

Unfortunately I will not be going so there should be my spot available for anyone still wanting to go

Opie

#11 Post by Opie »

Had a great ride, which turned out to be a caribou hunt, since my son had a tag that expires March 31. Larry, my two sons and I hunted hard, riding lots of miles, and it paid off when my 13 year-old son made a nice shot on one. We had some ultimate deep powder sledding, chasing a herd of caribou to the top of a ridge above the highway, only to have the caribou storm down the ridge and cross the highway. We finally put ourselves in a spot and my son made about a 75 yard shot to down the caribou (see attached file).

Great trip and great weather. Thanks for all of the help Larry.

James

Opie

#12 Post by Opie »

Incidentally, I asked my son why he made that face in the picture, and he said he "...was trying to look like a serious hunter". He really was happy, even though the picture doesn't look that way.

larry morris

#13 Post by larry morris »

Had a great time! I put on about 225 miles on the sled and some interesting riding going after the caribou. Jennifer and Claud treat you like family.

NEXT YEAR!!!!!

I have set it up for the 25th -28th of March. It was the only weekend available and it is wide-open. It is Easter weekend and they will put on a great Easter spread. Make your reservations soon.

John/Stoney, put it on the schedule please.

jasjew

#14 Post by jasjew »

Jewell and I would love to go but we will be living in DC....Have fun gentlemen