Saturday ride 11-7

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

alaskasc

Saturday ride 11-7

#1 Post by alaskasc »

Anyone riding this weekend? Was wanting to go up to Nome creek area in whites to see what the snow level is like on Saturday depending on cloud cover. I know of a group going to Summit, but it looks to be too cloudy for that long of a ride just to turn around. Text or call me at 907-378-4216.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

Badgersam

Re: Saturday ride 11-7

#2 Post by Badgersam »

Where are you planning to ride out of Nome Creek? We rode quads up that way (Quartz Creek Trail) and McKay Creek trailhead late last summer and it was very rocky and not very well established trails. I'm concerned for poor trail conditions. I was thinking about heading to Wickersham Dome Saturday.

Steve

alaskasc

#3 Post by alaskasc »

I would park at the highway at mile 57 and ride up the road to Nome Creek. It would depend on the snow levels after that.

I just looked at the Paxson forecast and it's calling for new snow 5-11" and Partly sunny and warm on Sunday. May be heading there if the forecast holds. Need to break in this new machine in some nice new powder.
Mike C

cleary

#4 Post by cleary »

I was looking at aurora photos on the http://spaceweather.com website and found this one http://spaceweathergallery.com/indiv_up ... 9i5m2vaf56

I'm pretty certain that the location is the mile 57 Steese US Creek Road that goes into Nome Creek. It was taken yesterday from the description. Not much snow.

I went out on my sled today up here on Cleary Summit. Enough snow to ride around but not great. Certainly won't be enough in the valleys.

Chuck

alaskasc

#5 Post by alaskasc »

Yep, not enough snow to ride there yet. Looks like summit is the place to be this weekend.
Mike C

Badgersam

#6 Post by Badgersam »

We rode from Wickersham Dome to Moose Creek Cabin, across the Moose creek trail to Elzeares (?) Cabin and back to Wickersham. The new Moose creek cabin is amazing. The trail from Wickersham to Moose creek was good to great, it has been groomed. Moose creek trail was not so hot, not groomed, a few washouts, and the trail back was good, with one major washout (about a 5 foot drop) right before Elzeares cabin. We marked it pretty well, and there is a way to get around it. It looks like whoever was grooming went in, hopefully he's ok. It was overall a pretty good ride for the first ride of the year, 6 sleds, 8 people.

alaskasc

#7 Post by alaskasc »

Went to Summit on Sunday. It was sunny up until around 3 pm. About 3-4' deep up at courage and the tit. We had a blast. We were tearing it up. Had around 10-11 machines. There was a lot of people there. I would estimate around 30. There was very little snow down below. We used the road and trails, lots of exposed brush about 2-3' high from the parking area, to the top of the plateau.
Mike C

cleary

#8 Post by cleary »

Margaret and I rode up here on Cleary Summit yesterday. Was fine. Got bunch more snow last night. I spent most of today clearing it.

Ron ran the groomer from the Lodge to Champaign Rock on the Red Trail and says its good.

Chuck

David

#9 Post by David »

Chuck where is champagne rock on Red Trail
Dave
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

cleary

#10 Post by cleary »

David wrote:Chuck where is champagne rock on Red Trail
Dave
Hi David,

Its the high spot just east of the trail about half way between the Davidson Ditch and the Circle Trail.

Chuck

David

#11 Post by David »

Thanks Chuck I know where that is
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)