Nov. 21st Hilltop Ride Report.

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

Stoney
Board Member
Board Member

Nov. 21st Hilltop Ride Report.

#1 Post by Stoney »

WOW, what a ride, untouched powder on most all the trails. No tracks on any of the trails north of Pedro Dome. Lots of the trails still need to be broken open. We didn't have a big group, but that helped to keep us moving at a very brisk pace. Kim passed me on the way to Olnes Ponds, I thought her throttle had stuck open. She is a very good rider, and I didn't have to keep looking back to see if she was keeping up. We rode over to Chatanika Lodge for lunch and lots of groups of riders where there. Excellent ride, one of the best locally in years. :fluffly: Stoney

Opie

Re: Nov. 21st Hilltop Ride Report.

#2 Post by Opie »

Can't ride for a month or so due to surgery. Looked out my window all day yesterday wanting to ride. Sounds fun!

James :sad:

mit

#3 Post by mit »

Good job Stoney! James you will be ready to for the Tolovana ride?
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

Opie

#4 Post by Opie »

Yup - surgeon told me I could start riding mid-December. Tolvana was too awesome to miss. May need some assistance setting up the Arctic Oven if I take it.

James

David

#5 Post by David »

Has anyone rode from Olins pond to the Elliot and across and on over to Chatinika?
They put in a new gravel pit and I cant find the trail from that side anymore.
Dave
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

REVITUP

#6 Post by REVITUP »

We rode that trail Saturday, it's still in the same place it's always been. The only thing that is different this year is the trail is right next to the gate instead of going down through the ditch (after you cross the road going into the gravel pit). They put a bypass around the mine but it is marked well, still a little rough going through there but should get better with more snow.

David

#7 Post by David »

Im sorry I still didn't see the trail after the first gravel pit because they made a second pit and its seems exactly where the trail use to be.
I will go back this weekend and take a second look.
Dave
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

Summit800

#8 Post by Summit800 »

Nope, same same. Follow the trail around the right of the gravel pit if coming from the Elliot, and then the second left will put you on the trail to Ron and Shirleys. Nothing new here

David

#9 Post by David »

ok thanks will try it this weekend
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)