Dec 5th

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Dec 5th

#1 Post by john »

Hey Phillip, when and where we meeting and going Sat ??

maximp

Re: Dec 5th

#2 Post by maximp »

John, sorry I didn't put the information out earlier...We will meet up at the gas station in Fox and unload sleds there, at 10:00 ride out to the Steese, Pipline, Olnes Pond and on to the Chatanika Lodge. Figured we could grab some lunch in Chatanika and then make the return trip back to Fox. I rode that route last Sunday and the trails are pretty good, no real obstacles, down trees or open water to worry about. If you have any questions, please contact me @ 808-778-2806. Thanks

maximp

#3 Post by maximp »

John, talked with the personnel at the Fox gas station...they have no problems with us parking our rigs in the parking lot. I will be there before everyone starts getting there, but I've attached a picture of where they would like us to park.

mit

#4 Post by mit »

Thank you for leading a ride Phillip! I have to work this weekend :wall: hope every one has a good time :fluffly:
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

Ltng 01

#5 Post by Ltng 01 »

This ride sounds like good fun. Room for 2 or 3 more to tag along? I have ridden the Olnes Pond to Chatanika trail several times, but never the Fox portion.

Do I need to be a club member to participate? If so, how do I join?

Hope to see you on Sat.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by john »

Ltng, there''s always room for more. :sledwave: Yes you should be a member and can do so by downloading a membership application at files/Application.pdf The cost is $25.00 a year for family membership and covers you and your immediate family.

Bring the application and dues with you and we'll get it to a board member at the ride or make sure it is passed on to one.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by john »

Phillip, what's you cut off temp ?

Personally I'm good to -20 below at the airport at 9:00 AM.

The predictions are:

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Flurries in the evening northeast of fairbanks. Areas of fog. Lows 5 to 15 below. Light winds.
Saturday
Mostly cloudy. Highs 5 to 15 above. Light winds.
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of snow in the evening. Lows 5 to 15 below. Light winds.

maximp

#8 Post by maximp »

John, I tend to agree with you on the temperature....anything below -20 and I think you begin to increase your chances of injuries and or mechanical problems. I'm no expert but, I know that at -20 they shut down Birch Hill and the military limits the amount of time they want you outside doing physical activities.

Ltng 01

#9 Post by Ltng 01 »

John,

Thanks for the reply. Will be there with my son unless lower than -20 deg F.

Will bring dues and enrollment form. Hoping for snow and moderate temps overnight.

Cheers,

REVITUP

#10 Post by REVITUP »

I know that at some point the board had made the call that the temp cut off for club rides was -15 (at the airport). Temps in the valleys can be below what is posted at the airport so something to keep in mind. Dress accordingly, it's always better to have layers so you can peel off what you don't need.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#11 Post by john »

A good ride, started with 9, 4 Cats, 2 Polaris, 3 Ski-doo, 1 of the ski-dos made it :rolf:

Just for you Kim and Russ ... :angle:

All in all a nice ride to Chatanika, started out on the kool side, -12 below, was -1 below at the lodge and felt like above zero going down the pipeline trail. About a 45 mile day.

Ltng 01

#12 Post by Ltng 01 »

Great ride today Phil. Thanks for the patience with my boy. We had a great time.