Mar. 2nd Murphy Dome/Minto Flats Ride

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

dryer
Board Member
Board Member

Mar. 2nd Murphy Dome/Minto Flats Ride

#1 Post by dryer »

We will meet on the top of Murphy Dome at 10:00am in the parking lot just before you enter the Radar site. Caution; it is usually very windy on the top. From the top, we will drop down to the Chatanika river and find the Dunbar trail. The plan is to head north towards Tolovana Hot Springs. There are many ponds and lakes to play in, if you like to ride in powder snow. Bring you lunch and/or snacks. There is a slight chance that we may make it into Tolovana Hot Springs, but it depends on trail conditions and weather. This will be a one day trip. Contact me for more information. Dan Cryer 750-1163.

alaskasc

Re: Mar. 2nd Murphy Dome/Minto Flats Ride

#2 Post by alaskasc »

What a great ride. Sunny, warm, trail was cut in and 6” of fresh untouched snow on the trail. It was about 48 miles one way, we hit a few ponds on the way in.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

snowscout

#3 Post by snowscout »

Big thanks to Dan Cryer and the gang for making the March 2 ride a true adventure. I also want to thank them for letting me join the adventure. Yes it was challenging but I knew if I got in trouble there were four guys to help me out. They also were patience with my slower pace and came looking when I had to refuel. I hope my work schedule allows me to join future adventures. Vince....

snowscout

#4 Post by snowscout »

Big thanks to Dan Cryer and the gang for making the March 2 ride a true adventure. I also want to thank them for letting me join the adventure. Yes it was challenging but I knew if I got in trouble there were four guys to help me out. They also were patience with my slower pace and came looking when I had to refuel. I hope my work schedule allows me to join future adventures. Vince....

alaskasc

#5 Post by alaskasc »

It was awesome to have you with us Vince.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"