South Dunbar Trail Ride on Nov 23rd

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

dryer
Board Member
Board Member

South Dunbar Trail Ride on Nov 23rd

#1 Post by dryer »

We will begin this ride at 10:00am from the top of Murphy Dome. Caution: The top of the mountain is usually very windy. From the top, we will drop down to the Chatanika river and join the Dunbar trail. Last year I rode this trail south about 15 miles until trees blocked the trail. I came within 1 mile of the train tracks, and 16 miles from Nenana according to my GPS. The plan is to do some trail clearing and explore the area. If you want to do some Ice fishing, there is a short side trail that take you to Minto Lake which is a very large lake. (I am sure it is full of pike). Looking at satellite images, there is a trail that leaves the Dunbar and takes you to Skinny Dick's on the Parks Hwy, that we can explore. Another option is to try to find a way to Nenana. This ride is open to anyone from beginners to intermediate riders. Bring a lunch to eat on the trail. Contact Dan Cryer 750-1163.

alaskasc

Re: South Dunbar Trail Ride on Nov 23rd

#2 Post by alaskasc »

Great ride. Thanks Dan. We went around 70 miles round trip. We ended up just riding with no brush cutting. Well one tree. We will get some next time.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

akjw7

#3 Post by akjw7 »

Wish we could have made it! Were you able to cross the Chatanika to the north side of the dunbar?

alaskasc

#4 Post by alaskasc »

Yes, we crossed over. We ended up going down the Chatanika River about 10 to 15 miles. We went straight north to the river instead of turning west and taking the road down to the landing.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

akjw7

#5 Post by akjw7 »

Great to hear, thanks!