White Mountain Ride Feb 29th/30th

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

dryer
Board Member
Board Member

White Mountain Ride Feb 29th/30th

#1 Post by dryer »

This trip can be a one day or two day trip. We will meet at the Chatanika Lodge for breakfast at 9:00am on Saturday. At 10:00am we will depart and drive to the McKay Creek trailhead at 42.5 mile Steese Hwy. From there we will snow machine 20 miles to the Cache Mountain cabin. I have reserved this cabin and is open to anyone that wants to spend the night. I will drop off supplies and will get the wood stove going so we can have heat. We will ride to the Cache Mountain divide and explore the area, the return back to the cabin. Those folks that need to return back home for the day can warm up and eat before departing.

dryer
Board Member
Board Member

Re: White Mountain Ride Feb 29th/30th

#2 Post by dryer »

The trip is Feb 29th and Mar 1st

Stephen E. Enochs
Board Member
Board Member

#3 Post by Stephen E. Enochs »

besides a sleeping bag and personal food/water...what else is recommended...do you have enuf firewood...is there a cost?...how many have committed so far?

alaskasc

#4 Post by alaskasc »

I’m going despite the low temp. The temperature Friday night is -21 below, but the high will be 2 above. I plan on staying over night. I’ll be bringing my pull behind sled and will have a little room to carry stuff.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

dryer
Board Member
Board Member

#5 Post by dryer »

The cost to rent the cabin for one night was $33, but I am not too concerned about getting reimbursed. I will bring a pull behind sled and some fire wood. Also, I will bring a chain saw, stove, lantern, and propane. Sometimes when I have rented these cabins, the equipment is broke or missing, so I always have backup. The cabin can sleep 6 comfortably, but I have had 12 Boy Scouts in there about 5 years ago. As of now, Just Mike and I are spending the night, but others are welcome. For the folks that are only doing the day trip, I am estimating the total millage to be around 75 miles.