October '14 board meeting minutes

Minutes from the Board and General membership meetings.

Moderator: john

Post Reply
Posts: 434
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:03 pm
Location: Fairbanks

October '14 board meeting minutes

#1 Post by paulneva » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:19 am

The meeting opened at 1802 with Tim Berg, Larry Morris, Paul Renschen, Jody Nolan, Steven Enoch, Stoney Robertson and Myles Thomas present.

Larry gave the financial report. We have $714 in checking, $1,417 in savings and $1,256 in the Life Member savings account.

Winter Show: We do have a booth at the Winter Show. Peter got it at the non-profit rate. The show is 11 and 12 October.Set up on Friday will be handled by Stoney, Paul and Steve Nolan. Steve Nolan will bring a 120, a table and a disk. No one present had anything to play the disk. Jody will get the stuff that Peter has. Tim will get 50 applications and 100 Ride Calendars. Manning for the booth was not established.

General Membership Meeting: The October meeting will be at NPS on 15 October. Tim will try to get Sean Osborne from Ft. Wainwright to come and talk about changes. Tim has a number of items to talk to the membership about. Stoney needs to recruit ride leaders.

Swap Meet: The swap meet will be at Compeau's on 18 October from 1000-1500. Steven is the contact for Compeau's. Larry is going to bring coffee. A tent and an Open House were unanswered questions.

Newsletter: Tim will contact Peter to see if he still is up to doing the Newsletter. Crystal's departure and the need for a new editor are on Tim's list for discussion at the General Membership meeting.

Eva Creek: There was a discussion. My notes are confused.

Ride Calendar: Tolovana will have to be 3-4 January. We should ask for $20 deposit. Stoney will email Chuck Johnson to see if he will lead a 29 November ride.

Steven reported two good things from Snow Track, they are contributing to Iron Dog again and have left the safety grant in place for safety.

The meeting adjourned at 1940.

Paul S. Renschen

Post Reply