Mar. 4th Ride Report.

How was the riding where you went

Moderator: john

Stoney
Board Member
Board Member

Mar. 4th Ride Report.

#1 Post by Stoney »

This ride started from Chatanika Lodge, and was to be a loop back to the lodge. It started with 5 riders, and ended with 7. We rode over to the Olnes Pond Campground, and checked out the State rental cabin. We didn't find out from Nick if there was overflow on the pond or not this trip. We rode the pipeline to Old Murphy Dome Rd. watching out for some rebar sticking up in the trail. Everyone saw it but me, but nobody hit it. We crossed over the Elliott and up the now widened Silver fox trail. the snow conditions were great all the way up to Pedro Dome. We rode over to the Steese, crossed it and down Fairbanks cr. Road. Fairbanks Cr. road had been groomed and was fast and smooth. We took the Circle Fairbanks Historical Trail down to the Red trail. This RED trail had caused me big problems in the past. When the track I had been following, stopped and turned around, so did I. I didn't want to get into the same mess as once before. But cooler heads prevailed. About this time Chuck Johnson and his wife came ridding up. It was 8 miles of trailbreaking, or 35 miles of backtracking. I was the only whimp in the group, and Mike C up front breaking trail. Mike did a great job, and never got stuck once. We all got back safe and sound, it was good to see Chuck and his wife, and thanks for not being to hard on your whimppy ride leader. Stoney. :fluffly: