Let us know what the weather (hopefully snow fall) is like in your area

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

MacLaren

#1 Post by john »

Hello Everyone,

I can’t believe another week has already come and gone. I’m still stuck on Monday.

Our weather this week has gone from mild to wild and back to mild again. We started out nice and warm and then dropped to -30 midweek and now today, it’s -2.

We do have some great news to report.

Thanks to Rabbit and Todd, the big groomer is going again. This is really good timing, as the other good news to report, is that it is snowing hard again.

All trails will be groomed by the first part of the week. Depending on the weather, the Seven Mile Lake Trail and the Maclaren River Road Trail will be done tomorrow.

I am going to be looking for a few volunteers to help ready all the new stakes (paint the ends and put reflective tape on them) Also to help stake trails.

If your interested, let me know and we’ll decide what day works best for everyone.

Ok, so as you all know we have a bet going, of who can sign up the most new members to the Denali Hwy Trail Club. Well that’s fine and dandy, but I jumped the gun a bit by putting that out there last week before we really had the webpage ready for people to sign up.

So, here’s the deal.

Go to www.maclarenlodge.com and on the left side of the home page you will see a link for the Denali News. Click on that and you will find the sign up page. It is not electronic, so you will have to print it off and mail it to us.

I am very sorry for the *beep* up, with the sign up sheets, but hopefully this will make things easier.

Thanks again to Rabbit and Todd (yes we were working on the cat while it was -30) for coming all the way from Oregon (Todd) and Delta (Rabbit) and helping with the pumps and tracks and all the other stuff we got done.

Have a great weekend, and a wonderful week

Alan Echols
Denali Hwy Trail Club
Knight Riders