Let us know what the weather (hopefully snow fall) is like in your area

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

From Maclaren

#1 Post by john »

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. We had a nice quite Christmas and a great New Years with plenty of fireworks, bonfire and lots of good friends.
The groomer has been up and running since late Nov, aand is running like a charm. which is a good thing since we have had our work cut out for us this year.
We are getting more snow out here on the Denali Hwy, then I’ve seen in 11 years. I am loving it.

However with the great snow year that we’re having, we are also getting a lot of wind. Which makes it pretty difficult to keep up with the trails.

80 miles of the Denali Hwy have been groomed at least once, and some of it has been groomed twice to three times.

We have not gone past the Su bridge at 80 mile because the construction crew that is cleaning up the F-22 crash site will be coming in to the Su on the 16th of Jan. As soon as they are done, I will be heading that way to groom that section as well.

Maclaren River Road Trail is in, as well as Seven Mile Lake Trail.

We have received a lot of fresh snow and wind since these two trails were groomed so they will have some drifting on them.

The Maclaren River Trail has some water crossings that you should be looking for but these will all be marked this week.

Seven Mile Trail also has a small water crossing that will be marked as well.

If you are coming in from the Paxson side of the Denali Hwy, we now have a shelter building on top of 13 mile hill. Everyone is welcome to use it to get out of the wind or just warm up for a minute. There is NO heat in this building, just a place to get out of the wind.

For those of you that want to keep up with what’s going on with the Denali Hwy Trail Club, look us up and like us on Facebook. We are adding more pictures and info all the time on there.
Also the Denali Hwy Trail Club is looking for a volunteer to keep up with all of the membership dues each year. I know some of you have asked and we really need a better system for keeping track of this. Anyone interested in helping, please contact Alan at denalihwytrailclub@starband.net or 907-822-5444

If you own a snowmachine, you really need to make an effort to get out this year and play. The snow really is FANTASTIC!!!!

Remember, please be careful and look out for each other.

Alan Echols
Denali Hwy Trail Club

Darrell

Re: From Maclaren

#2 Post by Darrell »

WOW good news :supperhappy: if its sets up right looking forward to a trip up the west fork and trip over Roosevelt lake.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

skelsey

#3 Post by skelsey »

John,
If you go, do it a week I am in town and you can count me in. Have never rode down there and would love to go.
Would also like to get in on the McClaren river club ride and missed the last club meeting to put down a deposit.
You happen to know if its full up?

Thanks,
Steve

REVITUP

#4 Post by REVITUP »

The deadline for the club ride to Maclaren has passed. You can contact the lodge and make reservations on your own for that weekend but it will be regular price.

cleary

#5 Post by cleary »

Darrell wrote:WOW good news :supperhappy: if its sets up right looking forward to a trip up the west fork and trip over Roosevelt lake.

Darrell,

When you ride into Roosevelt Lake do you make a loop out of it by coming out Valdez Creek to the Denali Highway? We have 4-wheeled into the lake using the road to the old Valdez Creek Mine and up the creek to the lake. We have also wheeled up Windy Creek to the end of that old road. There is active mining in both those areas now, but that didn't interfere with our rides. That was the summer of 2010.

Chuck

Darrell

#6 Post by Darrell »

Have been wanting to due the loop for some time. Been up the ridge looking down into windy from south fork of pass creek, lots of snow of up there the year we did that. Now that I got a etec should not have to carry so much gas.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.