4/15 and 4/16 at Cantwell

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

4/15 and 4/16 at Cantwell

#1 Post by john »

Our next ride is another Cantwell run. Since Dean can't make it I guess I get to lead, so were meeting at the Cantwell Lodge at 9:00 AM for breakfast and we'll decide there where were going.

It'll depend on who shows up and how the snow conditions are. :D

Might be we just do an easy run in towards the Dunkels or maybe down the Denail Hwy (if we have an adventurous group) and do a little exploring .... :wink:

ktease

#2 Post by ktease »

John, we had an AMAZING time and I was sorry that you were unable to make the last trip. :( It was my birthday on Sunday and it was the best birthday I have had in 11 years! :D Even though I almost broke my neck, :oops: I would not have missed it for anything! Sorry I won't be riding with you guys again anytime soon, but I will see you at the meeting next week. Where is it going to be anyway :?:

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

Glad you enjoyed the ride :)... The next meeting is at Northern Power, see ya there

mountaicat800

#4 Post by mountaicat800 »

Same ride as last time? that was fun though.
2007 M8 153 Arctic Cat Rules

YamahaMountain

#5 Post by YamahaMountain »

Doesn't look like I'm going to making this run. Will have to wait until next season to get out again. Have fun and I'll be looking for pic's!

Tom
A.K.A "98/02SRX"

05 RX-1 Mountain-Mine
02 SRX-Mine
98 SRX Mountain-Wife's
05 Kodiak 450

john
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by john »

In toward the Dunkels, sounds good to me.

Tom, what did you put your sled up already :?: I have to admit it is getting close.

YamahaMountain

#7 Post by YamahaMountain »

No the wife said I could go on the White Mountain ride but the other day she said were having this big BBQ thing Saturday night and I have some much needed maintnence do on the vehicles I'm going to do on Sunday so that takes me out of the running for riding this weekend. Trust me I would like to go but she invited all my friends and their wifes so I kinda have to be thier. Will definetly be waiting with bells on for next season, she even said I could go to Arctic Man next year because she forgot about the ride this weekend.
A.K.A "98/02SRX"

05 RX-1 Mountain-Mine
02 SRX-Mine
98 SRX Mountain-Wife's
05 Kodiak 450

john
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by john »

Better make sure you get it on the kitchen calendar, highlighted in bright yellow so she remembers :)

chris bulard

cantwell ride

#9 Post by chris bulard »

hello, chris from cantwell lodge. we were at the homestead south of town last weekend and the riding was almost as great as the view. gods country. just to let you know there is live music at the lodge saturday and sunday, so stop by and relax after your ride. stay the nite and ride the next day as well. hope you have fun ride safe and show a kid alaska.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Post by john »

Thanks Chris, sleeping arrainments are already taken care of, but we'll be there for breakfast both Sat and Sun.
See you then

john
Administrator
Administrator

#11 Post by john »

mountaicat800 wrote:Same ride as last time? that was fun though.
And were where :?:

The wife and I were the only one who made it Saturday. Sunday Blake made it down and joined for a trip to the Dunkels.....

I'll do a ride report a little later, but YOU ALL missed an excellent trip. The wind blew Sat so we went down the Denali Hwy aways and played on the ridgetops near 96 mile, but Sunday the weather was so nice we went into the Dunkels, whenever we stopped for a break you had to unzip your coat or you'd start to sweat from the sun beating down on you...

Darrell

The other side

#12 Post by Darrell »

Went to Summit 4/13 clear and cold and the wind was a blowen. Temp on the cold side almost zero at night. Got out in the wind about 1 pm 4/14 went south across the lake to other side (smooth) along west bank and out to seven mile Denali Hwy. Back in the wind again so down to Paxson with a few road crossings (road is plowed passed rock creek) on to paxon lake which was out of the wind road the length of the lake seen 2 Bald Eagles along the way and 4 swans in the outlet.
Back to summit temp low again that night. 4/15 took kids to Moore lake for snowboarding no wind and then to tit no wind and first aid no wind. Back to wind at summit cold north wind keeps coming. Sunday great weather sun warm no wind clouds by 3 pm and back to town we came. The best riding is yet to come trailer out ot Mclaren play in the high valley why people put machines up this time of year I never did understand it. :roll:

john
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Post by john »

Got to agree with you Darrell,

Temps are nice and warm and there's snow on the ground, why in deed do they put their sleds.

I usually don't put mine up till all the snow is gone locally, of course there is always Cantwell and Summit, but the wife likes to ride locally, although I am begining to see her way fo thinking change in that regard :D