MaClaren River Lodge Ride date change and cost

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

dryer
Board Member
Board Member

MaClaren River Lodge Ride date change and cost

#1 Post by dryer »

Due to a scheduling event, I had to delay this event by one week. We will depart Fairbanks on Friday April 5th and return on Sunday April 7th. I have reserved 10 beds with the option for a few more under my name, and the Fairbanks Snow Travelers. The total cost per person is $200/person. This includes 2 night accommodations and includes all meals. The lodge owners have ask for a deposit to reserve a spot. The lodge is located at mile 42 on the Denali Highway. We will park at Paxson and ride in. The riding conditions out there are from beginner to advance and is open to all family members. I have done this ride for the past 10 years and have had a blast every time. More information will follow as the departure date gets closer. Give me a call for more information or to put down a deposit. Dan Cryer 750-1163. Some members have said they want to leave FAI on Thursday and make it a 4 day trip. The lodge said that this is fine, and the cost would be an additional $100.

alaskasc

Re: MaClaren River Lodge Ride date change and cost

#2 Post by alaskasc »

I plan on going. I want to go in on Thursday if anyone else is. That gives 2 full days of riding. Let me know.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

mfalk

#3 Post by mfalk »

I am interested in going. Do I need to pay Snow Travelers to hold a spot? Do I need to contact the lodge?

Marvin

alaskasc

#4 Post by alaskasc »

Call the lodge and make the deposit with them. Talk to Suzy or Allen. 907-388-6361.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

dryer
Board Member
Board Member

#5 Post by dryer »

All, The Maclaren river lodge owner Susie called me today and we had a very good talk. I had reserved 10 beds for the Fairbanks Snow Travelers for this trip. So far, only three persons have confirmed that they will go. The lodge has a waiting list for other parties that want to go, but she agreed to hold the beds for us until after our next General membership meeting on March 20th at Northern Power Sports (7:00pm). I will pass on more details and work out some logistics about the trip. I will need to know by that evening if you are going. The next day, I will call the lodge with our final numbers and release any unused beds, so that other folks can use them. You can call the lodge direct if using you CC to pay, or give a check to me at the General meeting made out to the Maclaren River lodge. Call me if you have further questions. Dan 750-1163

RichD

#6 Post by RichD »

I too am going and would like to go on Thursday too. I will call the lodge and leave my deposit.

mfalk

#7 Post by mfalk »

I have made a deposit with the lodge and plan to make the trip. Any particulars that I need to know?