Next GPS

Have questions on using a GPS?, maybe you have some thoughts on which ones work on a sled and those that won't hold up?... Let us know

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Next GPS

#1 Post by john »

I think I need to upgrade my Garmin :)

http://www.gpsnow.com/garmin_rino_530hcx.htm#acc

David

#2 Post by David »

John where is the snow for this week end?
Is there a lot of overflow from 23 mi. CHSR to Angel creek or have you heard?
How about the white mountains since all this cold weather I haven't been keeping up.
Any info will help.
Thanks Dave :lol:
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

Haven't heard about CHRSR this season. I assume last the ride last Saturday was canceled due to the temp. Of course I was in So Cal last weekend enjoying the 70 above weather :)

This Saturday is the end of the Iron Dog at Pike's, so the wife and I may go there for a bit and see what's what.

Sunday is the Sweatheart Run :)

Darrell

#4 Post by Darrell »

Or maybe this is what you need :idea: http://www.findmespot.com/

john
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by john »

Who said big brother wasn't watching ......

Add that to the possibility that my spot watching buddies would forget to check it and they'd find next spring after the the thaw :)

usaof1_army

The Spot

#6 Post by usaof1_army »

Hey everyone just so you know I called the company about this product and Alaska because I looked at the map of coverage and if you head just north of town it seems to drop off and I wanted to know how well it had been tested prior to buying one. They told me that it was tested and the map is pretty close to accurate on coverage. Seems liek anything south you would be fine, but head north from here and it has very low if any luck getting a signal. She did tell me that it would keep trying to send a signal if you were needing help, but it does not promise that a signal will be transmitted in the northern area.
I still think it is an awesome piece of equipment and I am almost to the point of buying one, but would like to find someone who has one first and talk to them about it.
Just thought I would give my 2 cents worth here

greg
Live for today, dream for tomorrow, but never dwell on the past. Life is way to short