Sweatheart Run, Sunday 17th

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Sweatheart Run, Sunday 17th

#1 Post by john »

OK folks this is one of the best rides of the season, at least for our local runs.

We leave Compeau’s at 9:30 AM - Ride to Monderosa and have lunch. This should be a good year to ride, temps are suppose to be decent = 8 above to 4 below :)

Fresh snow is also in the forecast for the week, so I'm jazzed and ready for a great ride and lunch.

Paul and I will be leading and as long as the temps don't drop like they did to us last time (-22 when we turned back) I'll be a happy camper.

The trail down river is well marked, we will need to keep an eye open for the middle of the pack Iron Dog racers and be ready to move over and let them pass. But hey, these will be good photo opts

Lunch at the Monderosa is always good. So plan to make the trip :) Eat a great burger and feel bloated on the return trip .. :sledwave:

David

#2 Post by David »

There will be about 5 of us this Sunday and just wanted to know how the gas situation is?
I have a couple of sleds that don't get to good of mileage and don't want to run out you know.
Any info I would apreciate.
Thanks Dave and Terri :idea:
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

The more the merrier :)

Gas on a normal sled should be OK. It's about 60 miles (give or take) to Nenana, we will stop for lunch first, usually, but don't have to, and gas up after we eat.

So figure you should be able to do about 65 miles. Of course this doesn't factor in playing long the way. ;) Trail should be excellent, so you won't burn up much gas unless you jump off into the powder a lot.

David

#4 Post by David »

Thanks John we will see you Sunday
Dave
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

David

#5 Post by David »

John I think we will pick you all up at The Pump House
it will ease the parking at Compeaus and I have a Big truck and long 4 place trailer.
Should be 5 to 7 of us and we will be on the river waitng at 0930 and will tag along from there.
Dave
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

larry morris

#6 Post by larry morris »

I want to go snow machining, :D

john
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by john »

Sat is the finish of the Iron Dog and the wife and I planned to go there at noon to see all the craziness going on

Now that were geting more today/tonight, I might have to do a little riding Sat afternoon :)

Sunday will be a blast..

David

#8 Post by David »

Is everything still on for tomorrow?
We are ready and excited,it should be a great day.
I hope its ok I have about 10 in my group.
Thanks
David and Terri
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

REVITUP

Sweetheart run

#9 Post by REVITUP »

All racers for the Iron Dog made it in Saturday, so we won't hace any race traffic to deal with. Some of the racers coming in yesterday said there were some bumpy spots but they could have avoided them if not for the flat light condition yesterday, other than that trail was fast and good!