CANTWELL??

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

armysol13

CANTWELL??

#1 Post by armysol13 »

Hey I am looking to go down to Cantwell during the week of Dec 26-Dec 31 and was wondering if anyone would join me. It'll be my first trip down there, and I am up for going the whole week or a few days, even just a day would be fine. Would really like to do some hill-climbing, but again just going would be great.

dirtyrice

Re: CANTWELL??

#2 Post by dirtyrice »

Its very likely I will go with you on that one. Not for a week though. I am out of town right now but I will look at my schedule when I get back tomorrow and let you know. Looks like the riding is getting good there finally.

Ken

Yooper

#3 Post by Yooper »

I will be on leave during that time and would be willing to take a trip down there with ya. PM me and we can work out some details. :brrr:
Brad

2007 Ski Doo Summit XRS 800
2004 Ski Doo Renegade 600

usafracer

#4 Post by usafracer »

I should be able to swing a day trip in there some time as well. I am also heading down today to check out the snow.

dirtyrice

#5 Post by dirtyrice »

I looked at my schedule and it will most likely have to be a day trip for me on this one. I am going to be riding Valdez for New Years from Thursday-Monday. If you guys want down for a few days I could do a day trip on either the 26th (Sunday) and show you around that way you can spend the rest of the week with a good idea of where to go and ride.

I am also planning on taking next Friday off and doing an over nighter in Cantwell Friday night (10december). So far the schedule is leave Fairbanks early Friday and check in to the room then go riding all day friday and saturday. 2 days of riding and only have to pay for one night in a hotel.

I have not reserved a room yet but if anyone is interested in going next weekend let me know.

Depending on if we go into the hills it might be prudent to have a beacon. Something to think about.

Yooper

#6 Post by Yooper »

I am working next Friday but think I maybe able to make it down next Saturday and do a day ride on Saturday with you if you dont mind me meeting up with you on day two.

I made a trip down to Cantwell last spring with Chris, we rode on the igloo side, did not do to much in the hills (just a few climbs) mostly spent time playing in the fresh powder down below.
Brad

2007 Ski Doo Summit XRS 800
2004 Ski Doo Renegade 600

usafracer

#7 Post by usafracer »

Unless Cantwell gets some snow I would not waste my time. There was only 18 inches and it was rock hard and wind blown.