February 5-6 ride

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

paulneva

February 5-6 ride

#1 Post by paulneva »

:oops: I don't know how I missed this one at the meeting tonight. Jody is supposed to be leading a Cantwell ride on 5-6 February.

Jody, are you still leading? Where are we meeting? Any other details?

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

REVITUP

Re: February 5-6 ride

#2 Post by REVITUP »

For now that ride is still on. The Killer Smoke cafe has a new name and I am not sure they will be open, I will get in contact with the lodges there and see who would be open that we may be able to meet at. I will post as soon as I get news!

cleary

#3 Post by cleary »

REVITUP wrote:For now that ride is still on. The Killer Smoke cafe has a new name and I am not sure they will be open, I will get in contact with the lodges there and see who would be open that we may be able to meet at. I will post as soon as I get news!
It looks like the Cantwell Lodge is open: http://www.cantwellodgeak.com/cantwellodgeak.htm

Chuck

Bulldog

#4 Post by Bulldog »

I may have prior commitments, but if I'm free I'd like to go. As a new member, is there anything I need to do before I go on a ride posted here?
2009 Arctic Cat Crossfire 1000
2009 Arctic Cat M1000
2006 Arctic Cat Bearcat 570 Longtrack

rocketdoc637

#5 Post by rocketdoc637 »

Buy gas and breakfast for everyone. Just Kidding. I could be wrong but you are welcome to come on one ride without being a registered member. You can join and pay dues after that should you decide to join. Just show up and have fun is the only requirement I believe.

dirtyrice

#6 Post by dirtyrice »

cleary wrote:
REVITUP wrote:For now that ride is still on. The Killer Smoke cafe has a new name and I am not sure they will be open, I will get in contact with the lodges there and see who would be open that we may be able to meet at. I will post as soon as I get news!
It looks like the Cantwell Lodge is open: http://www.cantwellodgeak.com/cantwellodgeak.htm

Chuck

Yes, Cantwell Lodge is open. I stayed there once back in December, food isn't bad and the beer is cold!

guestben

#7 Post by guestben »

I am also not a member yet but would like to go on this ride. i might have to work but im not sure. is there any more info for this ride?

REVITUP

#8 Post by REVITUP »

I am racking my poor little brain (what's left of it) trying to decide on a good place to ride around Cantwell that will be an easy but fun ride, anyone have any ideas? We didn't ride there last year and the only time we have gone down this year, we rode with a bunch of "20-somethings" and we let them pick the direction we went. It was an area that we had not ridden before and they headed straight for places to climb and I would prefer to stay away from that area this time. I would like to try to stay away from stepping on any Ahtna toes too! Post a reply or send me a PM.

hvhavel

#9 Post by hvhavel »

I hiked the Jack River area early winter - and it looked like a great place to snowmachine.

Heather

REVITUP

#10 Post by REVITUP »

That was one of my choices. It is really pretty back in there and last time we saw some wildlife which made it even better!

paulneva

#11 Post by paulneva »

Jody,

Have you decided on a time and place to meet for this ride?

Did you get my long e-mail with all that I know about where to ride there?

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

REVITUP

#12 Post by REVITUP »

I did get your email Paul, thank you. I am waiting to firm up plans with Cantwell Lodge, I was trying to give them a heads up. I would like to meet there for breakfast about 9 a.m. I am thinking about either riding the Jack River Trail or do a cruise down the Denali Highway towards the Susitna river. I was waiting to see who was going and if they had any real preference. If the weather is nice any ride sounds good!

guestben

#13 Post by guestben »

Is anyone meeting up in Fairbanks before you head down to Cantwell?

REVITUP

#14 Post by REVITUP »

I haven't heard from anyone.....anyone want to meet up in Fairbanks to drive down together? It takes about 3 hours, give or take, usually, but don't forget that they got more snow down that way and the roads are slick so give yourself a little extra time. "thumbright:

rocketdoc637

#15 Post by rocketdoc637 »

Is this a day ride and return?