February 5-6 ride

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

guestben

Re: February 5-6 ride

#16 Post by guestben »

I would like to follow someone down there because im not 100% sure exactly where this lodge is that we are meeting at. And from what ive heard its a 2 day ride but its up to you if you want to leave early or what not.

REVITUP

#17 Post by REVITUP »

Can be either, we are driving down Saturday morning. Have to be home and rested for some ball game, lol!

guestben

#18 Post by guestben »

Is there a possible place we could meet up at so i could follow you down?
-Ben

rocketdoc637

#19 Post by rocketdoc637 »

Did we ever decide on what kind of ride this will be. I have someone interested in coming riding one of the new 600 Etec Skidoo I think it is. Appropriate ride for that or are you playing in the big hills?

REVITUP

#20 Post by REVITUP »

We won't be playing around any big hills with the snow pack as it is. I was thinking more along the lines of riding the Denali Highway towards the Susitna, with a stop for snack/lunch and for those that want to play in the powder OR take the Jack River Trail. It will depend on who shows up and what shape trails are in.

Bsweum

#21 Post by Bsweum »

So I'm guessing do to the sparseness of responses on a meeting point I'm guessing everybody is driving down on their own? (I'm in North Pole.)
I checked Google Maps and it shows the Cantwell Lodge way out in the woods... Is the Cantwell Lodge still the meeting point at 9am for breadkfast? (Any specifics on a location of the lodge wouldhelp.)

Summit800

#22 Post by Summit800 »

Madam prez says, Yes. Cantwell lodge @ around 9:00.

Its really not in the sticks, Just turn right directly across from the Denali Hwy. Follow the road around to he right to the old Depot....... Or now called the Cantwell lodge. :thumbup:

Bsweum

#23 Post by Bsweum »

Thanks!
I can follow those directions.

paulneva

#24 Post by paulneva »

Jody,

See you there.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen