42 mile Steese, January 19th

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

42 mile Steese, January 19th

#1 Post by john »

Guess you should have a nice ride.

Deans leading this one alone, I have to work on my boiler :(

Someone plan to take pics and do a ride report for us.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by john »

Change of plans, boiler can wait till Sat night :) I'll see you all at Chatanika Lodge in morning.

Man, see what a little snow fall can do to a guys priorities list :rocki:

COS

Who heeds heat?

#3 Post by COS »

I would hate to go shopping for shoes with you. Ha! :dunno:
COS
Work hard/Play hard
09 570 Bearcat
03 Viper Mnt.
2010 Bearcat XTZ

john
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by john »

Well, if was right after a nice snowfall, we'd be buying snowshoes :rofl:

Lowrider/Jill

#5 Post by Lowrider/Jill »

:singing: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: Hello everybody !!!! I was just wondering how many of us are showing up for tomorrows awesome ride...is everybody else as excited as we are to finally ride in some decent snow ?????
~ The Falldins

YamahaMountain

#6 Post by YamahaMountain »

So how was the ride?
A.K.A "98/02SRX"

05 RX-1 Mountain-Mine
02 SRX-Mine
98 SRX Mountain-Wife's
05 Kodiak 450

john
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by john »

Pretty good, not the best, but all right. Must say the snow closer to town, the Winter Trail for instance was better.

Of course I only got to ride 15 miles or so in, didn't even make the river crossing just before the cabin :(

Blew a shock, but I did post for pics in the photo album along with JDPLWITT :<)

Dean Allen

42 mile Steese/McKay Creek

#8 Post by Dean Allen »

Trail was rough especially between Cache Mountain cabin and the Gap. The south facing slope of the Gap as you come out of the trees was decent. Did a little climbing and goofing off. We didn't explore the top so cannot tell you how it was. Unless we get a lot more snow up there I don't anticipate going back. About the only way I will go back up there is if I'm doing an overnight stay and that would have to be Windy Gap from the Colorado Creek side. It was a beautiful day for riding though.

YamahaMountain

58 Mile Elliot/Windy Gap

#9 Post by YamahaMountain »

Myself and 3 buddys went in from the 58 Elliot on the 21st. The trail wasn't too bad until we got about 10 miles away from the windy gap cabin. From that point we had a hard time finding the trail because I think we were the first one's back that way all winter. We got to the river but it was so foggy I couldn't find the trail on the other side. Once we found it we ran into a dog sled at Wolf Creek Cabin and they couldn't find the trail on the other side of the river and were glad to see us so they could find their way out. From the cabin on out was very slow and bumpy with little snow, got down the the Y and took the left to go into the gap, we were almost there and decided to turn around because it was 4:30 and didn't want to be too far out when it got dark. There were a few spots that had about 3-4 feet of snow to play in but other then that it was a long day.
A.K.A "98/02SRX"

05 RX-1 Mountain-Mine
02 SRX-Mine
98 SRX Mountain-Wife's
05 Kodiak 450