Feb 23rd, CHSR Mercantile to Chat

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Feb 23rd, CHSR Mercantile to Chat

#1 Post by john »

Saturday's ride is from the Merchantile at 10 mile Chena Hot Springs Road to Chatanika. I'm listed as the ride leader but I have to work this coming weekend :(

Need a volunteer to lead the ride. It's a good run and I hear that Fish Creek is well set to get over, so no major issues trying to cross.

Chuck, Tommy and Ronnie have the trail groomed from the Chatanika side, so it'll be excellent riding.

Dean Allen

Ride leader

#2 Post by Dean Allen »

Is anyone interested in acting as leader on this one? Easy ride with a good lunch at the end.

JDPLWITT

#3 Post by JDPLWITT »

I've made that run a few times and have it in my GPS (Uh-Oh) but I am not comfortable leading. It is about 37 miles each way.

I'll volunteer to sweep for it if someone takes the lead.

Jeff
Jeffrey

"From the North will come a hunter who will strike fear into the hearts of its prey"

john
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by john »

Thanks Jeff,

Dean is leading as of last night and I know he could use a good sweep.

Appreciate the help..

usaof1_army

time

#5 Post by usaof1_army »

What time is the ride? I am sure it is posted somewhere but was just trying to make it easier for me so I do nto have to look through everything. Thanks

Greg
Live for today, dream for tomorrow, but never dwell on the past. Life is way to short

john
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by john »

10:00 AM

OPA

CHSR RIDE

#7 Post by OPA »

Looking forward to this one. I've been once so not sure of the route but will help anyway I can.

Danny (OPA)
Opa of Triplets

usaof1_army

#8 Post by usaof1_army »

Thanks John
Live for today, dream for tomorrow, but never dwell on the past. Life is way to short

cleary

#9 Post by cleary »

We rode the Alpha C Site Trail to Fish Creek today. The creek crossing is perfect. The trail up the hill to Alpha C Site is rough but the trail is fine from the site on to Cleary Summit. We were going to return via the Old FE Power-line Trail but the Bear Creek Valley is badly glaciered and we turned around. I wouldn't recommend it. Should be a good ride. Temperature up here on Cleary Summit is 28 right now.

Have fun,

Chuck

TIMMER3153

#10 Post by TIMMER3153 »

Good news, I will be able to make this one!! Just a couple of questions though, are we going to have lunch at the lodge? And if we are how long does it usually take to get there from CHSR to the lodge. I am trying to get the wife to come up and meet for lunch. thanks.
2005 polaris switchback 800

usaof1_army

Question

#11 Post by usaof1_army »

Ok guys I am finally going to make a ride, got the sled back after I decided to see if it would float...just a note they do not..lol..but my questionis do we need to bring extra gas? This will be my first ride of any distance and not sure on the gass mileage thing. I have an 02 XCSP 800 that is all stock. Thanks for the help and I will see you all tomorrow...

greg

JDPLWITT

#12 Post by JDPLWITT »

It is about 37 Miles each way. Figure about 2 to 2.5 hours depending on how big the group is (1200-1230ish), if anyone breaks, or how fast the leader goes.

As for gas - I don't know what your 800 uses - but you will not need gas for this one - Merchantile is a gas station so you can always top it off before we leave.

See you at 1000

Jeff
Jeffrey

"From the North will come a hunter who will strike fear into the hearts of its prey"

usaof1_army

#13 Post by usaof1_army »

Thanks Jeff and see you in the morning