December 26

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

pat juday

December 26

#1 Post by pat juday »

I will lead a ride to Nenana and back on the 26th. Will meet at Pikes boat launch / bar with a 10:30 departure and ride down river to Nenana weater permitting. Cutoff is -20 F . I plan to refuel in Nenana and get lunch at the Monderosa. Should be back in Fairbanks by 4:00 PM.

micorps

Re: December 26

#2 Post by micorps »

How far is it one way?

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

FB to Nenana is about 60 miles (or less) one way.

This is a great ride if you all go.

akatvrider

#4 Post by akatvrider »

Sounds like fun.. I will check my schedule and if I am free I would enjoy taking this ride. Always wanted to take this trek but never seems to work out. Will let you know in the next day or so if I am in.

:sled:

JWoodburn

#5 Post by JWoodburn »

I'll be there been waiting for awhile now but didnt have the time. see you there.
Freedom is not free

Rembold

#6 Post by Rembold »

First year as members, and also our first ride, Where is pikes boat landing? We will be on two sleds. Looking forward to meeting new folks.

Terry and Stacie Rembold

REVITUP

#7 Post by REVITUP »

Pikes is on Airport Way out towards the airport on the right. The boat landing is between the hotel and resteraunt. Merry Christmas to everyone.

aurora_hunter

#8 Post by aurora_hunter »

The river will be a good choice for tomorrow especially with the winter weather advisory over summits with winds gusting to 40mph.

Merry Christmas and I'll see you guys there tomorrow,

Naoki

REVITUP

#9 Post by REVITUP »

How was the ride?

JWoodburn

#10 Post by JWoodburn »

So here is the skinny on the trip. We started out leaving at about 1030 with 9 people headed down to nenanna. Only saw one open spot but was able to go around. Got to nennana and filled up then went to monderosa, took us a little while to find it but we made it. Took us a little longer than we wanted over all for the first half of the trip. We left the monderosa and headed back at i think 3 or 330 got back to pike's at about 530. I think total miles was 132 or around about. Over all good ride.
Freedom is not free