Cantwell 27th and 28th

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

irshpryd40

Cantwell 27th and 28th

#1 Post by irshpryd40 »

Will be going to Cantwell on the 27th and 28th to check out how it looks down there. I have been getting mixed reports as to what the snow levels are down there near the Igloo. Decided to see for myself. I will be taking camera with me and posting my findings/pictures upon return on the night of the 28th. It has been snowing there for the past week and they (weather people) are calling for snow all this week also it has been real warm too. Keeping my fingers crossed though and hoping the snow is great.

dirtyrice

Re: Cantwell 27th and 28th

#2 Post by dirtyrice »

We went down last saturday. Snow was decent when you were in the trees but most of the fields were wind blown. We found one field that was protected from the wind and it was a blast to play in. I found snow upwards of waist deep right off the road in the trees. I think it would have been a better ride if we knew the area.

The ice in that whole area seems as though it froze early in the season then the water level dropped out underneath it and caused everything to drop down and created a lot of open water and generally nasty areas. We were playing on what we found out was a small creek and the same thing happened there but luckily the water was only about 10 inches deep. One of the guys dropped the tail of his sled in but the snobunje made easy work of getting him out.